St. George’s School, East Jerusalem
Established in 1899, adjacent to St. George’s Cathedral, St. George’s School is known for having many notable alumni. Originally a school for boys, St. George’s now serves 700 boys and girls by providing an excellent education at affordable costs for Jerusalem families.
Located just across from St. George’s Cathedral close, St. George’s School’s academic standards are rigorous. The school seeks to prepare young men and recently, young women, for higher education and, ultimately, to assume leadership roles in Palestinian society. Many of its graduates already occupy such positions.
St. George’s integrates lessons of tolerance and respect for differences into the curriculum at all levels. Students of all religious, ethnic, and economic backgrounds are educated together in an atmosphere that fosters Christian values.